Tuesday, August 11, 2009

GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Went to the Theaters this afternoon, for the first time in a long time. Didn't want to go. My nephew practically begged me.

Turns out I had to pay for everything. To make matters worse, we missed the first 15 minutes. Aside from that it was a really enjoyable evening.

This image shows one of the funnier scenes when Ripcord (Marlon Wayans) tries to hit on Scarlett (Rachel Nichols).

GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009)

TIME: Approx. 1hr 58Min.

Director: Stephen Sommers

Screenwriters: Stuart Beattie, David Elliot, Paul Lovett, Michael B. Gordon,

Starring: Channing Tatum, Dennis Quaid, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Sienna Miller


Plot
: An elite military unit comprised of special operatives known as G.I. Joe, operating out of The Pit, takes on an evil organization led by a notorious arms dealer.


Review and Questions:

Was I hooked the first 15 minutes? I missed the first 15 minutes. Didn't really know what was going on til 15 minutes later. It was very loud: guns were blaring, explosives were going off, people were getting their butts kicked.


Did I enjoy the characters? Was the acting good? Yes, to both questions. The whole mind control thing added a different element. All of the characters had a past, it was nice how they tied most of that in.


How original is it? Never seen the original GI Joe. All things considered it's pretty original. The weaponry was very creative and so were some of the headquarters.


Favorite Quotes/Scenes: The image above shows one of my favorite scenes. I loved nearly all of the flashbacks; they didn't take away from the story at all. There are more, but I don't want to give anything away.

Some of the imagery and gadgets were impressive.

Guess since the theater was loud it blasted out any quotes I could have gotten.


Recommend:
Any fan of GI Joe. Anyone who wants to see a good action flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seen this movie, what's your favorite quote or scene? (Please refrain from the use of spoilers) Thank you.